Harness is the next generation tax & wealth management solution created for builders - individuals founding, scaling, and investing in businesses. It is a holistic platform that seeks to make bespoke financial advice accessible, intuitive and valuable through a combination of innovative technology and exceptional advisers. Harness Tax is a proprietary tech-powered tax division within the company, working to innovate the tax industry and create uniquely valuable solutions for clients.
Opportunity for Impact
As a Tax Associate, you will play an important role in delivering exceptional results to our clients. You will work primarily as a preparer on the firm’s tax clients and contribute to developing the tax firm. You will work alongside teams of exceptional tax, business and technology experts.
- Prepare quarterly tax projections and tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, trusts and private foundations
- Assist with ad hoc tax modeling and analysis
- Correspond with the IRS and state tax authorities to resolve tax notices and assist in an audit process, if applicable
- Proactively keep apprised of the ever-changing tax landscape (e.g., laws, proposals, tax strategies, etc.) as it relates to clients
- 2+ years of tax experience in a public accounting firm
- Strong technical knowledge of individual, partnership and corporate tax planning and compliance
- Tax knowledge and experience with equity compensation (ISOs, NSOs, RSUs, Restricted Stock) is a plus!
- Proficient with the use of tax related software (ie. CCH Axcess, BNA Income Tax Planner)
- Strong excel skills including sumif, vlookup, and pivot tables
- CPA license or a plan in place to sit for the CPA exams
- Interest in innovating a traditional industry
- Highly effective at creating collaborative relationships across an entire organization
- An optimist who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build
- Lead by making others better
- Care enough to have honest interactions
- Value diversity in our team and partners to reflect the diverse future of wealth
- Build trust at every client interaction
- Provide clarity over simplicity, given that wealth is not simple
- Empower people to make and be accountable for decisions
- Fail fast, reflect, and evolve. Constantly.
- Take ownership. No job is too small or outside our job description.
We value people with a diversity of experiences. Harness Wealth is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. Please read more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion here.