Flow is a SaaS e-commerce platform that enables brands and retailers to become international and sell cross-border. Flow’s platform enables merchants to sell & ship globally from their own sites. At Flow we help solve cross-border pain points throughout the entire e-commerce supply chain. We make it easier for merchants to deliver a truly localised experience from the ads they display to the prices and payments methods a user can choose from. These challenges create enormous friction to selling globally for merchants. The result is a next generation platform for cross-border commerce, focused on the customer experience and on maximizing conversion rates.
Flow has raised $55m+ in funding (most recently Series B) from NEA, Amex Venture, Bain Capital Ventures, Forerunner and Fung Capital and more.
Reporting to the SVP Engineering, the Director of Engineering for the Global Enablement team is responsible for leading a number of Flow's mission critical product engineering teams focused on delivering key features related to Tax, Compliance, and Billing systems. At Flow, one of the key features we offer is the ability to serve as Merchant of Record for online purchases - enabling us to absorb much of the tax and compliance responsibilities globally. Our Global Enablement teams focus directly on delivering the set of key features to our clients.
This role is based out of our Hoboken, NJ office with flexible remote work opportunities.
- Execute repeatable delivery, seeking and incorporating input for continuous improvement
- Grow our current experience engineering team to multiple teams focused on a much broader mission
- Own internal professional development for the current strong team
- Develop a learning organization that understands failure is a mandatory component of success
- Collaborate with the technology leadership team and cross functional leaders to ensure Flow continues to build great products and deliver significant value to clients
- Oversee daily operations
- Use deep expertise in software and computer science to execute improvements that help flow continuously improve end to end software delivery
- Set performance goals and attain them through team direction and management
- Assess, evaluate, and report on overall team and individual team member performance
SKILLS, ABILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience leading an engineering organization building business-critical, complex products
- A consistent track record of creating a high-performing, collaborative culture that delivers high-quality products
- SaaS, tax, or finance experience a plus
- Strong organizational and analytical skills to lead teams in a variety of complex tasks
- A track record of coaching experienced and emerging managers and senior individual contributors
- Excellent communication skills and can create alignment with other leaders and decision makers in a fast-moving environment
At Flow, we look for those with a passion for learning and who desire to have meaningful impact. We are a team of problem-solvers and out-of-the-box thinkers. We welcome diverse perspectives and people that enjoy being challenged - come join us!
A little bit about life at Flow:
We offer competitive health insurance for you and your family, flexible paid time off and retirement saving plans to name a few.
All employees are granted stock options so when we say Act Like an Owner is one of our values, we really mean it. You can come to work every day knowing you will always be surrounded by kind and talented people who you will learn from and genuinely care about you.
We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally. Every employee has access to LinkedIN Learning and a professional development budget.
You don't need to come into the office every day because we trust you to deliver exceptional results. We do have certain days designated for everyone to come in since team brainstorming, collaboration and cultural activities are fun to do in person!
Go karting and whiskey tasting to hot sauce competitions and company wide ping pong tournaments - we’ve got all the bases covered. Flow is so much more than sitting in front of your desk all day.
Flow is an equal opportunity employer. Our team is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all walks of life.