Albany, NY, US
Amherst, NY, US
Annapolis, MD, US
Atlanta, GA, US
Augusta, ME, US
Austin, TX, US
Baton Rouge, LA, US
Bismarck, ND, US
Boise, ID, US
Boston, MA, US
Carson City, NV, US
Charleston, WV, US
Cheyenne, WY, US
Columbia, SD, US
Columbus, OH, US
Concord, NH, US
Des Moines, IA, US
Frankfort, KY, US
Harrisburg, PA, US
Hartford Dover, DE, US
Hartford, CT, US
Helena, MT, US
Indianapolis, IN, US
Jackson, MS, US
Jefferson City, MO, US
King of Prussia, PA, US
Lake Mary, FL, US
Lansing, MI, US
Lincoln, NE, US
Little Rock, AR, US
Madison, WI, US
Montgomery, AL, US
Montpelier, VT, US
Nashville, TN, US
Oklahoma City, OK, US
Olympia, WA, US
Phoenix, AZ, US
Pierre, SD, US
Providence, RI, US
Raleigh, NC, US
Richmond, VA, US
Saint Paul, MN, US
Salem, OR, US
Salt Lake City, UT, US
Santa Fe, NM, US
Springfield, IL, US
Tallahassee, FL, US
Topeka, KS, US
Trenton, NJ, US
Washington, DC, US
Westlake, TX, US
About defi SOLUTIONS:
It’s an exciting time to join defi!
defi SOLUTIONS partners with captives, banks, credit unions, and finance companies of all types and sizes to allow lenders to focus and transform their operations. The company’s comprehensive suite of originations, servicing, and analytics solutions together with technology-enabled processing services creates a flexible, configurable, and scalable platform that addresses lenders and borrowers ever-evolving needs. defi SOLUTIONS combines the expertise of defi SOLUTIONS and the former Sagent Auto Lending with the backing of Warburg Pincus, Bain Capital Ventures and Fiserv.
As a Technical Operations Manager, you will assume a key role in the day-to-day operations of the Technology Operation group within defi SOLUTIONS’ IT Operations. As hands-on candidate, you will be responsible for managing a team of associates and contractors, assigned projects, the on-call escalation, service continuity and requests for immediate production or client assistance, and Incident Management. In addition, you will work closely with product strategy, development and the technology groups to develop processes and operating procedures: monitor and triage problems, support the technology roadmap and address technology debt. This is a high-performance culture and you must demonstrate the ability to work efficiently and quickly in supporting critical systems.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee and ensure the integrity of production systems on a day-to-day basis to ensure uninterrupted services and that SLAs are met 99.98% of the time.
- Ensure system events are assessed and worked aggressively
- Implement Process improvement and strategic initiatives to eliminate repeat production issues
- Work with senior leaders in the Client Services and Account Management organizations to enable customer satisfaction with the product/platform production environments
- Remove roadblocks preventing delivery of technology operations throughout the organization: refresh legacy infrastructure; shorten delivery timelines; operational readiness
- Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentors associates through formal and informal channels.
- Coordinate and communicate with external vendors and partners for support.
- Actively seek and implement ways to improve the team's processes, technical knowledge and relationships with other technology and business partners.
- Act as the 24x7 escalation point for production support to diagnose and resolve complex customer issues in accessing vendor hosted and off the shelf solutions
- Resolve operational issues by determining root cause and appropriate long-term solutions
- Manage team talent via recruitment/development of high performing team members, setting clear expectations for and providing timely feedback on individual and team performance, and taking corrective action when necessary
- Performs other duties as required
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 10 years experience in an IT operations or infrastructure environment troubleshooting applications, systems, batch processing, file transmission, network connectivity or other equivalent IT experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in managing a production support team
- Prior financial industry experience or work in a similarly highly regulated environment
- Must have full life-cycle project experience in a technology driven environment, preferably in financial services and/or banking
- Strong Knowledge of Mainframe OS/390/zOS TSO/ISPF, and JCL
- Strong Knowledge of CA7, Autosys, JAMS or other similar scheduling software
- Strong Knowledge of File Transmissions and Managed File Transmission software such as Connect Direct/NDM, Sterling File Gateway, MoveIT
- Strong knowledge of various Infrastructure Resource Types for various platforms, including mainframe, distributed on premise and Azure Cloud.
- Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge, with general IT topics: client/server, OS, Cloud, Database, networking, storage, security, and automation
- Extensive experience with ITIL framework including Incident, Problem, and Change Management
- Extensive experience with Incident Management
- Strong Knowledge of Monitoring and Alerting of both application and infrastructure components.
- Knowledge and experience performing general operational tasks and troubleshooting
- Ability to simplify complicated technology
- Ability to perform and communicate well in high-pressure situations with Clients and Executive Leadership
- Flexibility to work any shift or day of the week, including holidays
- Establish and maintain excellent business relationships
- Must be Service and Client Driven
- Must be comfortable dealing with all levels of management
defi SOLUTIONS is an Equal Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.