Ecosense is a rapidly growing technology company based in Los Angeles. Our purpose is to invent, inspire and transform how we experience light. Our strategy is audacious and our expectations are high. We are pioneering in the areas of color science, photometry and mixed reality. Using the sun and the moon as inspiration, we are using our inventions to enhance our industry’s understanding of light and materially transform expectations for artificial light.
We have been fortunate to light some of the most coveted spaces on earth and to be recognized by the likes of Red Dot for innovation and design, as well as Inc 500 and Deloitte for consistently making their fastest growing companies lists.
Ecosense hires curious, collaborative, autonomous and smart people who also happen to be very nice. We have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven’t been explored.
Primary Role and Responsibility:
We are looking for a Planner/Buyer to help us bring innovative lighting technologies to market that solve many of the industries constraints and points of friction. These technologies will be incorporated into architectural-specification-grade lighting products that will be used by world-renowned lighting designers to create the most beautiful spaces on Earth. In an industry ridden with “me-too” products that just offer more options and no new solutions, this technology is posed to give infinite solutions with few decisions.
- Manages on-time delivery and turnaround time KPI’s
- Monitors inventory levels for Finished Goods to ensure world-class on-time delivery
- Executes purchases that align with company’s demand plan and follows up with suppliers to confirm delivery schedules while reprioritizing production schedules if necessary
- Performs materials clear to build to communicate lead times for customer order inquiries
- Conducts weekly raw materials meeting with Contract Manufacturer to proactively provide solutions for potential raw material shortages
- Tracks all customer order backlog to establish actions for other team members, leading to direction and execution of all orders
- Publishes inventory report for Sales team and communicates delivery schedules for goods on order and in transit
- Assists other supply chain functions as needed, such as NPI supply chain readiness, special customer requests, and ad-hoc analyses
- 1-3 years of experience in supply chain planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Mathematics, Statistics, or related discipline
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Microsoft Excel expertise
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Experience using MRP/ERP systems; NetSuite experience preferred
- Knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing planning, demand, and replenishment processes preferred
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.