About defi SOLUTIONS:
It’s an exciting time to join defi!
defi SOLUTIONS partners with captives, banks, credit unions, and finance companies of all types and sizes to allow lenders to focus and transform their operations. The company’s comprehensive suite of originations, servicing, and analytics solutions together with technology-enabled processing services creates a flexible, configurable, and scalable platform that addresses lenders and borrowers ever-evolving needs. defi SOLUTIONS combines the expertise of defi SOLUTIONS and the former Sagent Auto Lending with the backing of Warburg Pincus, Bain Capital Ventures and Fiserv.
The Software Development Engineer is responsible for creating complex, critical and rewarding financial business applications used by high profile financial institutions. As a software application provider, the timeliness and success of your application development is paramount to the companies reputation and success. Software development is not a support function in our company --- it is our Business!
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Designs, codes, installs, runs, and maintains mainframe application software programs.
- Assists in design, coding, and installation of application enhancement projects.
- Analyzes specifications for application enhancements for compatibility with other systems and within operating guidelines.
- Analyzes dumps, debugs problems and applies fix procedures.
- Prepares documentation for use by computer operations, applications programming, and user personnel.
- Provides technical assistance and information.
- Assists with the training of application programming and user personnel in the use of the software and systems.
- Reviews new designs, enhancements and programs with supervisor and application programmers for operating efficiencies.
- Performs data conversions and data conversion analysis.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education in a related discipline is preferred.
Requires 3 -5 years programming and /or related experience.
- Mainframe skills including COBOL, CICS and VSAM, File Manager, Easytrieve.
- A superior knowledge of programming (i.e. program design, flowcharting, coding, testing, debugging, etc).
- Ability to solve problems that require extensive data gathering, investigation, review, and analysis to define the problem and then develop/implement solutions, which requires the use of complex analytical techniques and innovative thinking.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret complex business or technical subjects; must be able to discuss or explain this data with others, either internal or external to Sagent.
- A superior knowledge of how to document program design, coding, and maintenance.
- A superior understanding of how critical project completion is to client satisfaction.
- The ability to interact and communicate with external, as well as, internal clients for the purpose of data gathering and design initiation.
- Ability to resolve and follow up on software support issues.
- Experience with the defi LeaseMaster / Loanmaster application a plus
- Knowledge of and coding on financial systems software, especially lease and loan financial calculations.
- Experience with Lease or Loan data conversion.
< 5% travel
defi SOLUTIONS is an Equal Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.