Featured in Forbes, Fast Company and Vogue, THE YES is revolutionizing ecommerce by creating a highly differentiated and personalized experience for consumers. Using sophisticated AI and web tech, our store learns customer tastes and gets smarter as they shop, while providing the largest selection of name-brand fashion products in the world at the guaranteed best price online.
Our team of technologists from Stitch Fix, Groupon, Google, Microsoft, Pinterest and more has raised $40M in venture funding and is growing. Come join the fun!
Goal of Job
The role of data analyst at THE YES will be critical to understanding and driving marketing/growth strategies, as well as the consumer's journey to identify opportunities that drive improved user experience, growth and conversion rate.
- DATA STRATEGY
- Partner closely with Marketing, Product, Engineering and Design leadership to understand the role of Data and how we can drive impact throughout the product development process
- Identify what KPIs, data, features and events will evidence whether success has been achieved, where it has been achieved, and why.
- DATA INSTRUMENTATION AND WAREHOUSING
- Build key data pipelines for marketing and product initiatives to assess the health of the business and key initiatives
- Build dashboards that make it easy for stakeholders to get a key view into all metrics for day to day operations
- QA any changes to instrumentation and maintain robust documentation on different elements of how the site is instrumented.
- Ensure data flows accurately into the relevant systems (Data warehouse, CRM systems, etc )
- Work across the org to build lasting data modeling solutions to enable self serve reporting
- ADVANCED ANALYTICS
- Using data in BigQuery, build strategic dashboards in Looker (BI tool) to help business understand their Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Answer adhoc questions on an ongoing basis by querying BigQuery using SQL and build reproducible reports using Looker or other relevant tools.
- Influence change by presenting product/business insights and recommendations to a variety of levels within the organization, including executives.
- DATA LEADERSHIP
- Partner with Marketing and Product Managers to align your work to business needs, collaborate with engineering to optimize data (structure, accuracy and completeness), and team within the Analytic org to gain efficiency, consistency and creativity.
- BA/BS degree in mathematical or computational fields or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years hands-on experience in analytics in the ecommerce or consumer internet space.
- Experience using analytics to understand digital consumer behavior and identify opportunities to accelerate digital growth
- Fluency in SQL or similar experience in analyzing large structured and unstructured datasets.
- Experience working with marketing datasets and metrics/techniques commonly used (ROAS/ROI measurement, Cohorting, LTV/CAC analysis)Experience with a statistical package is a plus(such as R, Python, SPSS, SAS, STATA, etc.)
- Understanding of the current digital product landscape, particularly mobile web, IOS and Android apps & data sources is a plus.
- Prior experience with Amplitude is a plus
- Prior experience instrumenting events using Segment is a plus
- Critical thinking - we use judgement in making key decisions, we are innovative and deep thinkers, we are deliberate and produce high quality work
- Helpfulness and transparency - we support each other by providing context and feedback, we operate with respect towards our customers, partners and team, we are open to giving and receiving feedback with the intention of improving how we function
- Operate as an owner - we are deeply invested in the success of the company and its customers, we do what’s right, not what’s easy, we spend carefully and know that any success is tied to what is best for our customers
- Pronto - we operate with a sense of urgency, have a GSD mentality, we are open to change as business needs evolve, and we embody grit and tenacity