Iodine is an enterprise AI company that is championing a radical rethink of how to create value for healthcare professionals, leaders, and their organizations: automating complex clinical tasks, generating insights and empowering intelligent care. Powered by the largest set of clinical data and use cases available, our groundbreaking clinical machine-learning engine, Cognitive ML, constantly ingests the patient record to generate real-time, highly focused, predictive insights that clinicians and hospital administrators can leverage to dramatically augment the management of care delivery.
What You’ll Do
Iodine products combine highly advanced AI technology with deeply clinical functionality and end-users. Much of Iodine staff do not have clinical backgrounds, yet making appropriate decisions on clinical questions is critical for our products to succeed in the market.
The Product Clinical Subject Matter Expert (SME) role will work within the Product organization and be responsible for ensuring that the complexity of our AI technology is married with the clinical perspective and needs of our clients, such that Iodine products can achieve our strategic business goals.
You will apply your experience in the healthcare industry to identify and solve complex problems in the revenue cycle process and collaborate with the Chief Clinical Strategist to create visionary product solutions and best practice processes to solve these problems. Finally, you’ll collaborate with the product, CX, Growth and Marketing teams, to take these products and processes into the healthcare market providing guidance and support with documents and training materials that drive best practice use of Iodine technology.
Examples of your contributions may include, but may not be limited to:
- Regularly meet with the Chief Clinical Strategist to share action plans and product details, seeking approval as needed to continue to support product growth and meet timelines
- Regularly meet with end-users and first line managers as the clinical voice on product matters
- Conduct and coordinate audits and quality checks of new product capabilities prior to launch
- Collaborate with Product Management and User Experience to design requirements for new product features and predictive models
- Provide detailed data and input for decision making on complex clinical product topics – such as ML model design, reports and dashboards, and CDI workflow
- Provide consistent and concrete decisions for product questions that are in consensus with the needs of other Iodine stakeholders (especially clinical teams)
- Help prioritize product enhancement and fixes based on internal and external stakeholder feedback and needs
- Create and lead processes or committees as required to coordinate Iodine stakeholders
What You'll Need
Minimum Requirements (Education, certifications and experience):
- BSN required
- CCDS required
- MSN preferred
- 3 to 5 years direct care nursing, experience in high volume, quick turnover units within complex healthcare organizations
- Empathetic advocate for CDI specialists and leaders – representing the voice of these personas and their needs in internal Iodine discussions
- Direct contributor to clinical and technical tasks required to move Iodine products forward
- Ability to evangelize best practices and Iodine value proposition internally and externally to CDI specialists and leadership teams
- Moderate familiarity with technology, especially in the realm of HIM, EMRs, and CDI workflow tools.
- Understanding of overall business goals and needs, and ability to align decisions with company goals and values
- Can gather insights directly from clients/users, but also extrapolate and generalize to what is applicable across the industry and client-base.
- Leadership skills to work with individuals outside of your team, such that you can achieve lofty goals with a team of other clinical SMEs by building consensus
- Ability to proactively identify problems, identify solution options, and then quickly narrow down options to prioritize the right action plan that resolves the problem.
- Ability to occasionally travel to client sites and the company office to meet with key stakeholders and product users (less than 20% travel).
See Something, Do Something
At Iodine, we are incredibly privileged to be entrusted with an enormous amount of Protected Health Information (PHI) amounting to more than 90 million lives. Inherent to our culture is the need to live up to that trust in everything we do. Security is a primary responsibility shared by every Iodine employee and we expect everyone to honor that responsibility. That includes abiding by our security policies, being constantly-vigilant to possible risks to the privacy and safety of the information given to our care, and bringing forward any concerns about security.
What You’ll Get
This is a unique opportunity to join a close-knit, rapidly growing team and help us improve a key piece of the organization. You will have the opportunity to drive the strategy and direction of our product for our users. You will join a passionate and ambitious team, with a proven record of success building multiple companies. Learn more about us at www.iodinesoftware.com
**You must be currently authorized to work full-time in the United States on a permanent basis**