WHO WE ARE
Tealium is the most trusted and world’s largest independent customer data platform. Tealium connects customer data – spanning web, mobile, offline, and IoT devices — so brands can connect with their customers. Tealium’s turnkey integration ecosystem supports more than 1,300 client-side and server-side vendors and technologies, empowering brands to create a unified, real-time customer data infrastructure.
Tealium’s customer data solutions encompass tag management, an API hub, a customer data platform with machine learning and AI, and data management solutions that make customer data more valuable, actionable, and secure. Tealium has been a trusted provider of customer data solutions for more than a decade, and more than 850 top businesses worldwide including Microsoft, Hyatt, Gap, HSBC and Novartis rely on Tealium to power their customer data strategies.
Team Tealium works and lives across the U.S. and in nearly 20 countries across the world. We are intentional about our culture, our investment in our team members and how we care and connect.
Tealium = Teal + Helium. Teal: a vibrant reflection that evokes authenticity, trustworthiness, reliability, open communication and clarity of thought. Helium: we rise above, a kinetic force that elevates our customers’ and our experiences beyond all others.
We win together with respect and appreciation for the talents required of all positions and the people who contribute to each of these.
We are hiring a Product Design Manager to join the Design and Research team at Tealium. In this role, you will manage a team of product designers and be responsible for the planning and execution of design deliverables for their product area. You’ll be a steward of operational excellence, holding your team accountable to ambitious goals and developing processes to achieve impactful outcomes. The Product Design Manager will have the opportunity to be a professional and cultural leader within the Design & Research team, advocate for design within the organization, and be a driver of best design practices.
You will take on people management responsibilities for existing product designers, and continue to grow and develop the team with the skills and experience needed to help bring our product vision to life. You will collaborate with Design leadership to provide context, capabilities and operational scale to the Design and Research organization. You will work collaboratively with cross-functional peers from Product Management and Engineering to define strategic plans, create roadmaps, and execute on projects, products, and features. You’ll teach and deploy new methods to add to design’s growing toolkit, supporting designers as they drive their personal and professional growth and nurture a winning, positive team culture.
Please provide us with a link to an online portfolio that you can share with us and provide any necessary passwords.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Directly manage a team of designers while developing their skills, talents, and careers. Coaching them to success and inspiring a healthy and high performing team culture.
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product leadership to understand product vision and efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- Receive and prioritize incoming design requests across multiple product areas.
- Align resources, balance workloads, and manage timely and high-quality deliverables.
- Use systems thinking to understand and plan for how designers work affects the broader product.
- Oversee multiple work streams and connect the dots between products to deliver a cohesive customer experience. Ensure consistency and scalability across a variety of end-to-end user experiences.
- Hold regular 1:1s with your direct reports, provide feedback, help them grow their hard and soft skills, set goals, guide them in their career development, and advocate for their needs.
- Ensure exceptional design deliverables.
- Hold a high quality bar for all work and help set the standard for our product experience.
- Challenge status quo on creativity and quality of design work across the team.
- Work with front-end engineering to ensure the successful delivery and execution of user interface designs and the preservation of the original design intent in the final product.
- Help develop and improve a shared product design language across our platform.
- Leverage our design system and champion its adherence in design proposals to ensure continuity in the products and maintain a shared visual language.
- Participate in design system strategy, coordination and audits.
- Position Product Designers for success by partnering with the cross-functional product and engineering teams they are aligned with.
- Proactively looking for and solving high-level issues and opportunities.
- Help recruit, hire, onboard, and retain a diverse team of world-class designers.
- Help lead workshops and facilitate collaboration, knowledge sharing, and decision making for designers.
- Set best practices and standards, and measure impact in the final product.
WHAT YOU BRING TO TEALIUM
- You have the proven ability to effectively manage people and developed high-performing teams that are also great colleagues and collaborators with the rest of the company.
- You have great coaching skills. You strike a balance between challenging your reports and nurturing them.
- You’re empathetic. You understand your teammates as people first, care about their lives outside of the office, and manage accordingly.
- You are an effective, honest, and personable communicator (both written and verbal). You have a keen eye for detail, and can provide thoughtful and skilled critique of other’s work. You can deliver clear, direct and actionable feedback and won’t shy away from confronting difficult situations or increasing communication when there’s friction or uncertainty.
- You understand that achieving great design is a team effort and relies on close collaboration. You work with cross-functional teams and partners to drive strategy, vision, and execution. You thrive in an iterative, collaborative environment and can manage multiple projects concurrently.
- You have experience recruiting, hiring and onboarding a diverse team.
- You promote design thinking and advocate for design solutions that are efficient to use and solve user problems.
- You can identify overlaps and efficiencies between team member’s projects.
- You are a strong customer advocate with a penchant for data and business-informed design.
- You are an advocate for research methodologies and have experience with quantitative and qualitative research and usability testing.
- You can visualize ideas and concepts in such a way that they are communicated effectively and compellingly to internal leaders, partners and customers.
- You are a champion of product design and research within the organization and seek ways to measure the impact of design including educating other stakeholders on the value of user experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BE) in design or related field. (or 4 additional years of relevant experience in lieu of degree).
- 6+ years of experience in Product Design with 2+ years of people management experience with designers in a fast-paced product development environment.
- A strong portfolio that showcases a track record of design leadership, end-to-end experience ownership and design excellence.
- You’ve contributed to and shipped features for multiple SaaS or consumer products over the years and understand what it takes to create engaging user experiences.
- You are skilled at developing level-of-effort estimates for design projects and report on their progress.
- Experience in agile methodologies, LeanUX and helping teams deliver design work.
- You’ve been a hands-on designer in the past and have a developed sense for how to balance speed, quality, and consistency of design.
- You have a strong passion for working with and expanding existing software applications as well as creating new experiences.
- You have experience with user research methods and user testing to validate proposals.
- You have expert knowledge in design tools like Figma for primary design, prototyping and developer handoff.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills that lead to effective, honest, and actionable output and are comfortable presenting in front of a variety of stakeholders and audiences.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE WOWs ABOUT TEALIUM
At Tealium, we don’t just offer the ordinary, we provide the extraordinary:
- Tealium WOWs (Ways of Work), our award winning culture is how with think, act and connect together at Tealium
- Mosaic, our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is grounded in our mosaic of diverse perspectives and shared belonging as we live in work across the US and in nearly 20 countries
- Tealium Cares, to promote caring in our communities, 15 hours of paid work time for volunteer activities and programs is offered annually
- Tealium Connects (remote-first working), enabling many of us to choose where we do our best work and offering new hire stipends to assist with purchasing things we need to support a successful home office environment
- Tealium Ownership, share in the success of Tealium by becoming an owner of Tealium beginning with new hire equity grants
- Tealium Time, unlimited paid time-off policy to offer flexibility to take time when needed and robust leave programs, including extended paid parental leave and company holidays
- Healium, health and wellness programs to help us be our best selves in the experiences of health, physical, mental, social, and even financial well-being and wellness
- Healium Be-Well Break, an annual all-company paid shutdown to provide a true break for us all
- Tealium LIFT (Learning is Facilitated at Tealium), offering a myriad of professional development opportunities with over 6,000 courses available on demand to best-in-class manager and leadership development programs
- Health and Related Benefits Programs, offering market competitive benefits programs
Collectively, we contribute our individual pieces (identity, experiences, heritage, backgrounds, religions, viewpoints, gender and more ) to form the mosaic of Team Tealium. It is our continuing philosophy to recruit and employ the best qualified individuals without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or any other protected characteristic. Tealium does not tolerate unlawful discrimination of any kind and strives to be an inclusive and respectful workplace.
The highly relevant and differentiated positioning of Tealium’s solutions makes this a unique and rewarding career opportunity.
*Offerings vary by level and location.